Position Description: Practice Leader
The Practice Leader (PL) is an extremely talented, intelligent, and collaborative individual who will work with the Big Astronaut Leadership team and the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) to develop, implement, standardize, and continuously improve the client delivery services of Big Astronaut, a mobile software development company delivering custom solutions.
The PL has primary responsibility for ensuring Big Astronaut's exceptional service delivery and relationship management to clients in their portfolio and recruiting, career management, and allocation for delivery team members.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
Client Service Delivery
Accountability for all aspects of successful delivery to maximize outcomes and value to clients and profitability to Big Astronaut including: resourcing and balancing skills and capabilities consistent with delivery goals and economics, management of Big Astronaut's people, extending opportunities within the client, and supporting new sales activities.
Pre-Sales and Relationship Management
Accountability for all aspects of successful mobile software development operations including: sourcing and supplying talent consistent with demand, management of team members, supporting sales through pre-sales meetings, managing all day-to-day operations of client delivery, and building and growing accounts through superior relationship management and exploring strategic opportunities with existing clients.
This includes working with other PL's and the CTO to establish employee, project, and business measurement targets and provide the necessary leadership to ensure attainment of assigned targets for client delivery. In the role of People Developer the PL is expected to act as a mentor and leader, cultivating and developing a culture of learning and professional achievement.
Capacity and Scheduling
Support Big Astronaut in the management of utilization through capacity planning and scheduling of projects. Responsible for leveraging capability expertise across multiple clients and working with CTO to scope project deliverables.
The PL is expected to maintain a 20% bill-ability rate by contributing to client projects (e.g. team management, project management, etc), teaching training classes, and conducting other consulting and coaching engagements. The PL is a recognized senior practitioner in Rocket Fuel Labs's core services.
- 5+ years experience managing software development professionals, including team or project leaders.
- 2+ years of consulting, sales and delivery execution experience in custom software solutions
- Strong background in project and technical management
- Demonstrated ability to manage and balance the needs of multiple teams
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Background in software development or software consulting is preferred
- Bachelors degree preferred but may be substituted with 7+ years of software experience.
Required Attributes & Behaviors
- The ability to think strategically and tactically, as part of Big Astronaut's Leadership team and to contribute to the overall success of the company
- The ability to initiate, execute and sustain momentum as an individual (self starting)
- The ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes (self management)
- The desire and ability to lead, manage, inspire and coach to achieve results through others (influencing)
- The ability to set, pursue and attain achievable goals regardless of obstacles or circumstances (goal oriented)
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills (interpersonal skills)
- Strong people orientation and comfort dealing with multiple interruptions while maintaining a friendly interface with others
- A high level of optimism, a can-do orientation, a drive to succeed, and a willingness to adapt to change (versatile)
- Demonstrated people skills to understand what drives and motivates each individual and the ability to use this to create an environment where people can work effectively.
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 20%)
- Strong sense of urgency
- Team player
The candidate for the Practice Leader will be provided a competitive and attractive total compensation package to include base salary, bonus opportunities, and benefits.